Our government agency client is looking for an experienced Category Manager with a background in Government procurement for a contract role.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Report into the Senior Category Manager and be responsible for delivering the most economically advantageous procurement and contract management solutions to user requirements. You should have proven experience of working with strict budgets to support various people or departments, be able to source end to end a range of requirements within specialist categories.
- You will need to nurture and maintain strong supplier relationships and their category cost savings and work as part of a team to achieve procurement goals.
- Relevant Procurement experience at leading a strategic category
- The ability to provide strategic advice and guidance, understanding risk appetites and application of the relevant laws.
- Adaptable to change in line with new emerging business drivers & government requirements.
- Ability to think laterally, challenge traditional patterns of service delivery and develop new approaches..
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating proven ability to build trust and influence with across the organization and with suppliers. – The ability to demonstrate drive.
- Proven and demonstrable procurement experience within a similar organization. – Proven ability to focus on value for stakeholders.
- Project Management Qualification
- Contract Management experience.
- Legal training including law governing public sector procurement
- A good understanding of financial systems and current software.