Our University Client is looking for add a part-time Events Coordinator and Admissions Support person to their team. This contract role will also support admissions recruitment and involve visiting off-site venues.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage on-campus events for first-year, transfer, international and veteran prospective students including but not limited to Open Houses, Showcase Saturdays, Welcome Days, Parent Night, Scholarship Dinners and daily information sessions;
- Outreach and coordination of Leaderships Days for prospective high schools.
- Create and coordinate receptions and training events for high school guidance counselors and community college personnel
- Work with non-profit and for-profit organizations to help coordinate visits including Workshops and Teachers Conferences;
- Work with on-campus and off-campus caterers and event supply vendors to ensure successful event execution;
- Collaborate with the Enrollment Management Marketing team to ensure event collateral is created in a timely and professional manner;
- Create, track and maintain accurate event registration information utilizing our Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software;
- Process and execute Credit transactions, purchase orders and check requisitions for event purchases for the department of Undergraduate Admissions;
- Order event supplies;
- Review monthly credit card statements and ensure all back-up documentation associated with expenses are collected and filed; research discrepancies when necessary;
- Create and maintain monthly activity log of Credit purchases; may process and execute Credit transactions, purchase orders and check requisitions for the department;
- Enter requisitions and manage purchase orders and journal entries; submit event invoices and reimbursements for vendors to meet required deadlines; compile requests for proposals and create justification memos for procurement, when appropriate;
- Serve as department liaison with campus scheduling offices securing space reservations for the event and set up needs for special accommodations for guests; utilize university event scheduling system; review event planning procedures and processes with other campus departments; coordinate event requirements with external service providers and vendors
- Assist with event programming, including audience development and speaking programs; recommend catering ideas/selections to university personnel;
- Create and assist with staffing plans for events;
- Assist with the development and tracking of surveys to measure event success;
- Serve as back-up for inputting time and attendance for the staff in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions;
- Bachelor’s Degree and one-three years of event planning experience, preferably in a higher education setting, required.
- Ability to use technology, including scheduling systems and customer relationship management (CRM) software preferred.
- Experience working with diverse populations preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends, required.
- Willingness and ability to travel required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically word, excel and power point;
- Ability to manage multi-phase projects from inception to completion;
- Ability to build consensus among team members and manage multiple concurrent priorities;
- Ability to work independently, as well as complete projects by enlisting the cooperation of others;Ability to manage precise details from beginning to end;