Our University Client is looking for a Information Systems and Technology Systems Programmer Administrator for a Direct Hire role. Salary is dependent on experience, ranging from 50 to 90K per year.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- The position works with University IT team members to install, configure, maintain, and update hardware and software, monitor, improve performance, resolve problems and help the users of the systems.
- This position is part of the systems administration and agile DevOps teams responsible for architecting, engineering, administering, and operating the Computing Services Department and Cloud grid, virtual, and cloud based systems.
- Must have both development and operation knowledge
- A./B.S. and one to three years of work experience or M.A./M.S. Knowledge of computer hardware, Linux operating systems, and networking technologies.
- Fluency in multiple programming languages particularly C, Shell, Python and Perl.
- Experience with Software Define Networks, KVM and OpenStack are a plus
- Strong communications skills.
- Ability to learn and apply new things quickly.
- Strong problem solving skills.