Medical Secretary Job Responsibilities:
Supports physician staff by screening and sorting mail, documents, and telephone calls; scheduling patient appointments and arranging referrals; billing patients and third-party payers; controlling accounts receivables; maintaining office files and patient records.
Medical Secretary Job Duties:
- Represents physicians by screening incoming telephone calls; scheduling, receiving, and announcing scheduled patients and visitors; scheduling appointments for consultations, etc.
- Ensures physician productivity by maintaining calendars; scheduling patient appointments; physician consultations; professional meetings, conferences; teleconferences, and travel.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders.
- Medical Secretary Skills and Qualifications:
Bachelors degree is preferred.