Our University client in Boston is looking for an Academic Advisor to manage academic advising for students and counsel students on academic policies, procedures, and requirements. This is a contract role, with the possibility of extension. The full-time position will be partially remote, partially onsite (2-3 days/week onsite).
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manages academic advising for students and counsels students on academic policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Provide academic advising for students by assessing academic needs, assisting the student in developing an appropriate academic program, course selection, internship and career planning
- Recommend appropriate interventions for students in jeopardy and triage student situations
- Monitor and document student academic progress and retention
- Work with students to cope with problems and make referrals to appropriate support services within the university
- Consult with faculty on academic progress and student issues
- Work closely with other University schools/colleges and administrative offices as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
- Higher Ed academic advisory experience is required
- Strong understanding of MS Office programs, especially Excel
- Ability to establish rapport with a diverse student population
- Excellent analytical, and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Background in student services at a higher education institute
- Bachelor’s degree in Counseling or a related field with 3-5 years’ experience desired
- Master’s degree in Counseling is a plus.
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston