Our Government Agency client in Boston is looking for an Accountant to provide financial support to a busy fiscal department. This temporary position will require in-office training. Our client is looking for someone who can start as soon possible.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Support fiscal team’s daily operations including billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and assistance with Access database and Excel reports.
- Communicate with agency personnel, oversight agencies and vendors via telephone, written or in person to resolve accounting discrepancies, obtain statistical data, documentation or various reports.
- Reconcile financial documents, record transactions; assist with preparation of financial statements and reports
- Maintain accounts and records such as encumbrance/payment logs
- Provide assistance to staff to ensure compliance with agency laws, rules and regulations
- Multitask with the different divisions/people within the department
- Additional administrative duties as assigned
- Strong understanding of MS Office programs, especially Excel
- Critical thinking, reasoning, and research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Can handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- BA/BS in any field with 1-5 years of experience
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston.