Our Tech client in downtown Boston is looking for an Accounts Payable/Receivable Specialist to support all aspects of the Accounts Payable/Receivable processes. Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail are critical for this role. 3+ years of prior experience in this field is required and knowledge of Navision, Visual, or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system equivalent is highly desired. This is a contract role and a potential temp-to-perm position.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develops, directs, plans, and evaluates Account Receivable policies and procedures, and ensures external and internal controls and policies are adhered to.
- Develops and implements best practices to improve processes and efficiencies.
- For accounts where A/R and A/P overlap, recommend payments based on the management of the overall relationship.
- Maintains and reconciles account receivables ledger accounts, financial statements, and reports.
- Manages bills and payments, product/supplier invoices, and credit cards.
- Ensuring that all customer invoices are accurate, maintain a professional ongoing dialogue with key customers to ensure consistent reconciliation.
- Managing and applying for customer payments.
- Tracking and preparing reports on past due accounts/customers.
- Participate in team-oriented continuous improvement and automation projects.
- Work closely with the other teams to ensure that there is appropriate information sharing to take appropriate action on accounts as needed
- Process daily receipts ensuring prompt and accurate recording of payments to customer accounts; including all lockbox, ACH, and credit card payments.
- Research and address unapplied and unallocated receipts.
- 3+ years of experience performing Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot quickly
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Excellent excel skills with proficiency in other Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Knowledge of Navision, Visual or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system equivalent is highly desired
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Always demonstrates professionalism through phone and in-person interactions, and through written correspondence including email
- A commitment to maintain strict confidentiality
- Absolute reliability and honest
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston