Our University Client in Boston is looking for a flexible, proactive, and personable Administrative Assistant with strong organizational and communication skills to support a busy academic office. This is a contract role. Must exhibit discretion and professionalism in handling confidential information.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provides assistance and information to guests, students, staff, external callers and general inquiries; includes greeting and providing office directions to guests.
- Maintain organized calendar and schedule for office events, seminars, and meetings
- Assist with organization of weekly seminars/meetings, to include catering requests.
- Direct all administrative services for the department, and assist with project workflow for the faculty (including handling busy phones, filing, faxing, processing incoming/outgoing mail, and ordering/restocking supplies)
- Assist as necessary in preparation of commencement events, seminars, lectures, awards, and functions
- Additional administrative duties as needed
- Strong understanding of MS Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint in particular)
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as work collaboratively with a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including proofreading)
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Minimum Associate’s degree or equivalent with 2 years of related experience
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston.