Our Business (Construction) client in Somerville is looking for an Office Administrator with excellent multi-tasking abilities, strong communication skills, and excellent attention to detail to support a fast-paced office working on a federal transportation project. This role will be on-site. Candidates should anticipate a daily start time between 7-8AM. This is a contract role. Must exhibit discretion and professionalism in handling confidential information. Immediate availability to interview and start is needed.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Serve as approachable first point of contact by answering the phone, responding to emails, and greeting visitors
- Send regular communications to other departments and clients, and escalate questions or concerns when necessary to relevant individuals
- Provide calendar support and engage in calendar management for appointments
- Provide assistance with data entry, updating and maintaining databases, and filing
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail, and distribute to the appropriate staff
- Additional administrative duties as needed
- Excellent proficiency with Word, Excel and Bluebeam (PDF)
- Strong communication skills in person, over phone, and via email
- Excellent interpersonal skills and critical thinking
- Great attention to detail and strong multi-tasker
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively with a diverse team
- BA/BS in any field
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston.