Our University (Accounting) client in Boston is looking for an organized, proactive and adaptable Administrative Assistant with excellent customer service and communications skills to support a university accounting team’s operations. This is a contract role. Immediate availability to interview and begin is needed.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Serve as approachable first point of contact by greeting all guests, students, etc. and providing accurate directions; maintain accurate metrics on visits and enter data in spreadsheets
- Provide basic accounting assistance and account analysis; cashiering and processing checks
- Order and maintain supplies; provide faxing assistance to office members
- Distribute incoming correspondence/mail, sort, and distribute checks for the team
- Provide assistance to the team by filing appropriate records held in the leadership office.
- Answer and screen all incoming phone calls, take accurate messages when applicable and route calls to the proper office if necessary
- Additional administrative duties as needed
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience in higher education or general administration is preferred.
- Experience working either in finance/accounting or with finance/accounting teams preferred
- B.A./B.S. in any field
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston.