Our University Client in Boston is looking for an organized, proactive and adaptable Administrative Assistant to support a scientific department’s office and team. The chosen candidate must be able to multitask and assist with PowerPoint projects as assigned. This is a contract role. The start date for this role is pending. It is tentatively slated to start in late April/early May.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Order supplies necessary to maintain Dean’s office. Assist with organization of weekly seminars/meetings, to include catering requests.
- Greet all guests, students, etc. and inform the staff or appropriate individual of their presence.
- Maintain appointment calendar for the personnel in the office to keep up to date on the availability of each person to properly respond to phone calls.
- Distribute incoming correspondence/mail, sort, and distribute checks for the College
- Provide assistance to the Executive Assistant in filing appropriate records held in the leadership office.
- Answer and screen all incoming phone calls, take accurate messages when applicable and direct calls to the proper office if necessary
- B.A./B.S. in any field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and PowerPoint
- The ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities.
- Prior experience in higher education or general administration is preferred.
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston