Our Client (Engineering Office) in Boston is looking for a proactive and adaptive Administrative Assistant to support their Engineering Support team and leadership. This Administrative Assistant will conserve the engineer’s time and promotes the corporate image by representing the senior leaders internally and externally; acting as a liaison between the senior leaders, other key leaders, customers, and employees. This is a contract role for 30-35 hours per week and immediate availability to start is required.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Represents the senior leadership team by welcoming visitors, reviewing correspondence; arranging company dinners and other corporate functions; answering questions and meeting requests.
- Arranges corporate travel and meetings by developing itineraries and agendas; scheduling the air travel; booking other transportation; arranging lodging and meeting accommodations; submitting and reconciling expense reports.
- Ordering of office supplies and equipment.
- General office organization and management.
- Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem-solving; making adjustments to plans.
- Produces and distributes correspondence, meeting minutes, memos, letters and other communications.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Enhances the senior leadership team and corporation’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- B.A./B.S. (any field)
- Preferably at least one year of experience in a front desk role.
- Experience coordinating calendars, travel logistics, meetings
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail, strong organization, problem-solving and planning skills
- History of promoting process improvement and leading change while overcoming roadblocks
- Fluent with Microsoft Office Suite and experience with a variety of software-based systems (e.g. HRIS, ERP, Salesforce.com)
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston.