Our University client in Boston is looking for an Administrative Coordinator with excellent multi-tasking abilities and strong communications. This remote role will include a healthy mix of responsibilities including Office Management, Space Coordination, and Human Resources. This is a contract role. Immediate availability to interview and start is needed.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Coordinate department security efforts in security.
- Manage Dean’s office coverage, coordinating within school’s Administrative Assistant group.
- Lead quarterly meetings with Administrative Assistants.
- First point of contact for any facilities issues within the school’s footprint.
- Manage space inventory data.
- Manage a variety of requests including, but not limited to, arranging the maintenance/repair of equipment and facilities, overseeing key card access.
- Assist with workspace moves by managing the facility needs.
- Act as a liaison with the Facilities Department to address the physical aspects of the building.
- Develop and manage onboarding and off-boarding materials and workflow for staff and visiting scholars. Lead DMSB orientations for TNS and visiting scholars.
- Manage temp-non student hiring and termination process including facilitating paperwork, preparing offer letters, and completing I9’s. In addition, track hours and costs.
- Manage scholar appointments systems.
- Participate in the supervision and training of student workers; act as back-up for hiring student workers.
- Update the HR SharePoint site
- Prio-related, progressive office and administrative experience, preferably in higher education.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in MS Office Suite (PowerPoint and advanced Excel spreadsheet experience important). Experience with Banner preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex material and work with confidential information. A high level of confidentiality is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; exceptional proofreading ability.
- Must be able to take initiative and follow through on tasks independently, while exercising sound judgment. Demonstrated record of dependability and a strong work ethic required.
- The person holding this job should demonstrate a high level of discretion and sound judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality. This position requires taking initiative, problem-solving skills, and the capacity to exercise independent judgment in a range of areas.
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA