Our University client in Boston is looking for an Administrative Coordinator (Program Support) with excellent multi-tasking abilities and strong communications. This role will include a healthy mix of responsibilities including student support, program support, and event management. This is a long-term contract role.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Participate in the development, review, and implementation of operational processes together with the Leadership Team; create process documents, templates, and trackers.
- Provide reports from University Systems to Coordinators, both on a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Participate in the development, review, and implementation of business processes together with the Coordinators and Staff.
- Catalog & discuss frequently asked questions from major stakeholders.
- Create/review and update process documents, templates, trackers, and other items relevant to the support of ongoing and new processes.
- Maintain an internal events tracker and ensure all student-facing events are properly added to University Systems for registration and advertising.
- On an ongoing basis, create and update event checklists to reflect current processes
- Reserve event space through university systems, and submit work requests for room setup, supplies, etc. Order food from outside vendors as needed.
- Create table signs, nametags, and other collateral; create/edit promotional materials (invitations, Save the dates, flyers) and signage for events.
- Promote events to students via email, University Systems, and other appropriate channels.
- Manage the running of each event, including setup/tear-down of event space, staffing registration tables, swiping students for attendance, and other needed tasks
- Manage the external client and/or student registration process, including payment links (when applicable)
- Send regular communications to students and escalate questions or student concerns when necessary to relevant individuals
- Send contracts to students and communicate with students on an as-needed basis with contract-related questions/clarifications.
- Assist Assistant Directors in scheduling onboarding meetings with members of concentration team for new team members
- Support Coordinators in updating information in University Systems as requested (e.g. student placements, student cycle changes, opening/closing/posting jobs, updating job status and deadlines, approving students to search, etc.).
- Offer general IT/system-related support to Coordinators, students, and employers, escalating questions to Assistant Directors as necessary.
- Actively participate in and assist with projects as assigned by the Assistant Director and Leadership Team.
- Provide ongoing participation & support to assigned projects/committees throughout the year.
- Bachelor’s degree, or a minimum of three years equivalent working experience
- Comfortability with G Suite and MS Suite
- Excellent command of written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness and desire to learn and contribute to the design of new processes, systems, and tools
- Comfortability working both independently and collaboratively among a team with diverse personalities and strengths
- Ideally proficient with Excel functions (filtering/sorting, creating/formatting tables, etc.)
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA