Our Union client in Boston is looking for an Assistant Analyst to support their Benefits Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for determining pension eligibility and for processing pension applications from start to finish in compliance with Plan documents and the law. This is a contract role and potential Temp-to-Perm position. Only local candidates considered.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Determine pension eligibility in compliance with plan documents for members.
- Analyze applications for completeness and accuracy; draft follow-up correspondence as needed; maintain file while the application is in process.
- Process and approve pension applications in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform banking transactions, including but not limited to pension check stop/reissues and voids.
- Validate work history and prior service records.
- Performs data entry.
- Complete standardized written communication.
- Assist Retirement Analysts and Counselors as needed
- Special projects as assigned by management.
- General mathematical/basic accounting skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Word and Excel.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Detailed-oriented with a strong ability to multitask.
- Strong oral and written interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced work environment.
- B.A./B.S. (Any field)
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston.