Website therightmatch Contemporaries
Our University client in Boston is looking for a detail-oriented Assistant Program Coordinator at a University (Engineering) in Boston to support the department director and financial managers. This position collaborates with finance managers in creating efficiency in departmental processes and provides exceptional customer service to students, faculty, and external constituents. This role may be partially remote and is a potential temp-to-perm opportunity. Experience with SAP and/or Concur is a plus. 2-4 years of professional experience in related areas is acceptable as the client is open to more junior candidates capable of growing in the department.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Department Procurement
- This position will be accountable for creating office-associated shopping carts and acting as department liaison for inquiries related to the procurement of goods and services.
- Department purchases may be made via university procurement credit card and/or SAP shopping carts.
- Most department purchases are research-related and will require tracking to ensure goods and services are received in a timely fashion.
- Student Worker Management
- The position will work with faculty to assess course needs for student workers (Graders/Teaching Assistants, Research Assistants).
- This position posts and hires and completes the onboarding process for student workers.
- Will also be accountable for administering time sheets and tracking the total hours billed for each course.
- Notifications of monthly billed hours are emailed to faculty to minimize overages in the student-employee budget.
- Student payroll data is used for budget planning and the proposal process.
- Business Office Administration:
- Provide a high level of customer service to students, faculty, and the BU community by responding to inquiries from related to sourcing & procurement, student payroll, general finance questions, and Micro-CT Imaging Core.
- File all documentation in accordance with both institutional audit guidelines and institutional grant policy.
- Oversee routine expenses for service and supply orders. Allocate orders to the correct cost center and G/L. Save a copy of the order and quote to the department shared drive.
- Coordinates and books air flight travel arrangements and processes staff business and travel reimbursements.
- As needed, assists grant administrators with post-award financial reporting, which includes reconciling grant budgets vs. actuals and notifying grant administrators of upcoming grant end dates.
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT:
- In collaboration and with direction from the Finance Manager will monitor and provide departmental budget coordination.
- Maintains the current department budget(s) (primary faculty discretionary accounts and Student Group accounts) and assists with the creation of projections and forecasts.
- Position responsibilities will also include: updating and maintaining budget systems, creating all departmental journal entries, creating/editing monthly/annual departmental financial reports, and coordinating travel-related paperwork.
- Manage Micro-Ct Imaging Core
- Generate monthly invoices from QuickBooks for scan data sent by the technician. Generate an additional monthly Accounts Receivable master invoice in BUworks for external customers.
- Perform monthly income reconciliation to ensure funds are received for the billing period.
- Maintain database records, reports, and tracking files containing scan data and associated project detail including organizational and billing records to ensure data integrity and accurate financial administration for all departmental projects and initiatives.
- Run database reports and conduct quality control reviews to ensure the accuracy of financial records.
- Take the initiative to work directly with our customers to update and correct discrepancies while maintaining a high level of diplomacy and customer service to resolve issues that impact financial records and processes. Identify processing problems, offer solutions, and work with the department Director to develop effective procedures to ensure department and PI requirements are met.
- Prepare financial reports for quarterly financial review with the core director and department management by reconciling the core’s cost center, providing feedback on fiscal status, and contributing recommendations to ensure the core’s budget ($40K) is not overspent.
- Responsible for budget projections in preparation for upcoming fiscal year budget submissions, which includes; expense tracking, identifying future facility equipment and equipment maintenance (info provided by core director), and identifying potential decreases/increases in customer activity.
- Assisting with the rate-setting process will ultimately ensure accurate and current pricing for all Micro-Ct Imaging Core-related services; directly affecting the amount of revenue generated for a given fiscal period.
- Previous experience in a role with some of the functions listed.
- Strong office software skills.
- Experience with enterprise office programs preferred (SAP, Concur, Quickbooks)
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills, and knowledge of common office equipment
- Able to communicate well, both verbally and via written correspondence
- A friendly demeanor with great customer service skills
- Able to learn new tasks and skills quickly
- B.A./B.S. (any field)
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston.