Our University client in Boston is looking for a Program Coordinator with excellent customer service and organizational skills to handle all aspects of the entry-level admissions process throughout the application cycle and provide administrative support. This is a contract role.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Support faculty with course preparation, requesting desk copies and assisting with student course registration.
- Maintain Excel student databases, recording admissions decisions, generating decision letters and tracking acceptances.
- Scheduling information sessions and campus visits.
- Receiving and routing telephone calls; respond to emails sent to department email account; receiving and directing visitors.
- Performs routine administrative duties such as placing, typing, filing, faxing, and handling incoming and outgoing mail.
- Ordering and maintaining supplies for department
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Additional administrative duties as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong communication skills in person, over phone, and via email
- Willingness to learn new databases
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently
- Willingness to work flexible hours as the job may require an ability to deliver on tight deadlines.
- Administrative experience in an academic setting a plus, but not required
- BA/BS in any field
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA