Our University Client in Boston is looking for an Assistant Program Manager for a contract role, with the possibility of conversion to a permanent position.
Responsibilities include (But are not limited to):
- Coordinate, manage, and administer the development and execution of corporate learning programs and projects in collaboration with the Program Director.
- Independently be responsible for project based-prioritization to meet program deadlines for less complex programs
- Supporting director on more complex programs
- Identify and schedule program deliverables, milestones, and required tasks for synchronous and asynchronous learning.
- Utilize technology to streamline delivery of program materials including database management and online applications.
- Manage & deliver live virtual programs using a virtual platform as required in the program design.
- Under the supervision of the director, initiate and execute contracts for clients, following through and troubleshooting issues that may arise through client and/or university contracts offices.
- Manage vendors, negotiating terms as needed.
- Work with faculty and staff to develop corporate learning program materials and assets.
- Develop and maintain templates and manuals for program implementation.
- While programs are being delivered on-campus or off-site (which may require travel), serve as on-site program manager.
- Prepare program evaluations and program status reports.
- Prepare faculty payroll, invoices, and expenses for assigned programs.
- Maintain ongoing partnerships with faculty, clients, participants, venue staff, and vendors.
- Maintain & track financial reporting systems for individual programs
- Maintain and monitor budgets for individual programs ensuring determined margin is maintained. Reconciling program budgets after delivery is complete.
- Manage the Office and financial operations:
- Initiate and maintain office systems and procedures
- Administer financial transactions for clients, faculty, and vendors.
- Monitor and reconcile monthly financial statements
- Contribute to the maintenance of the office’s shadow accounting system
- Support new business development efforts
- Organize and prepare materials to support proposal writing and client development
Qualifications and Skills Include (But are not limited to)
- 3 –5 years of related experience and a Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to interact effectively with high-level corporate constituencies
- Ability to interact effectively with faculty and senior-level university administrators
- Able to form and operationalize short- and long-term program and project plans
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to negotiate and execute agreements with vendors
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- High level of proficiency with standard office software and an aptitude to quickly gain proficiency in new office software
- Ability to manage deadlines and work well under pressure
- Willingness to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends – at both on and off-campus locations – as needed
- Understanding of basic financial acumen
- Previous experience in higher education a plus
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston