Our University client in Boston is looking for a Contract Specialist with excellent technical and interpersonal skills to engage with systems and processes supporting the life cycle of an agreement, as well as communicate information about them to a variety of audiences. This is a direct-hire position, salary commensurate with experience. This full-time position is currently hybrid on-site/remote. Immediate availability to interview and to begin working is needed.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Works in a highly collaborative environment, serving as the subject matter expert on federal and non-federal contracting regulations, negotiations, and best practices
- Responsible for the ongoing development and maintenance of guidance materials and training related to federal and non-federal contracting at the proposal and agreement stages
- Shares knowledge, trains and empowers others in the department to grow and support the contracting process; stay current on compliance regulations in all areas of research administration.
- Maintains knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply sponsor, institutional and departmental policies
- Serves as departmental point of contact, providing mentorship on regulations and requirements, as needed, with other university offices
- Works in partnership with faculty, researchers, and administrators to support the RFP review, agreement review, and acceptance process.
- Represents the University to sponsors, and drives the development and implementation of up-to-date efficient processes and procedures.
- Additional tasks as needed
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), with an especially high level of Excel proficiency
- Independent judgment and strong organization and communication skills and customer service focus
- Ability to prioritize high volume and complex transactions and support colleagues in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience with all types of award mechanisms, including grants, contracts, subcontracts, cooperative agreements
- Ability to interpret policy for others and support their ability to develop these skills
- Extensive knowledge of Federal guidelines supporting higher education activities
- 5-8 years of relevant professional experience in research administration
- Higher Ed experience preferred, but not required
- B.A./B.S. or M.A./M.S. in any field required
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston.