Our University client in Boston is looking for a tech-savvy, organized, and detail-oriented Assistant Registrar who is able to work independently and has the demonstrated ability to resolve difficult situations diplomatically to support a busy student services team. This is a contract role with the potential to convert to a termed employee. This role will be remote 4 days/week and on-site 1 day/week to start. Must exhibit discretion and professionalism in handling confidential information. Immediate availability to interview and start is needed.
- Support the mission and strategic goals of overall university, enrollment and student administration as member of office managerial team
- Update best practices and workflow, with a focus on security and integrity of process
- Benchmark and compile data reports for distribution to colleagues and school and college partners
- Utilize a collaborative management style in training and supervising other staff members
- Actively participate in the design, implementation, and development of technology related applications that enhance services; identify and troubleshoot IT system related issues that impact student records.
- Interpret and effectively communicate regarding the gathering and maintenance of student records in compliance with federal and state regulations, as well as internal policies and practices
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible, and professional engagement
- Assist in maintaining the integrity of student records that include, but are not limited to, registration, grade processing, graduation, and transcript processing
- Additional duties as needed
- 2-3 years related experience, with at least 1 year in higher ed setting
- Organized and able to learn new tasks and skills quickly
- Strong technical skills, including database and data analysis skills
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and via written correspondence
- A friendly demeanor with great customer service skills
- Experience with Hyland OnBase, Parchment, WordPress, Excel, and National Student Clearinghouse reports is highly desirable.
- B.A./B.S. (any field) and experience working with diverse populations
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston.