Our University client in Boston is looking for an Award Analyst or Grants Administrator/Manager with an accounting background to manage post award grants budgets for a busy college department. This is a contract role with the potential to become permanent.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Administer the entire post-award financial process, including monitoring the budget, reconciling the budget and forecasting for the life of the grant to ensure budgets are not over or under expended, and processing any necessary financial adjustments.
- Track and document all cost-share related to externally funded projects.
- Reconcile payroll for all grant personnel.
- Maintain close collaboration with post award financial operations to ensure that invoices are sent in a timely manner to funding agencies.
- Administer and facilitate the pre-award submission process, developing budgets, accessing and completing forms for several different granting agencies, obtaining university approvals, and meeting grant deadlines
- Research and identify grant funding opportunities by reviewing announcements and guidelines for eligibility, compliance, cost-share timeframe and other issues and alert faculty to applicable opportunities.
- Ensure that faculty receive updated information on agency/university regulations.
- Additional administrative tasks as assigned
- Strong understanding Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Prior relevant work experience required.
- Critical thinking, reasoning, and research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- B.A./B.S. (preferably in a related field)
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston