Our University client is looking to add a Category Manager to their team for a permanent, direct hire role.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- The Business and Site Services Category Manager must be a charismatic, forward-thinking innovator and key contributor in helping to university’s Sourcing and Procurement department be recognized as an industry leader in higher education procurement.
- Develop and lead the planning and execution of a data-driven category plan for the university’s largest collection of indirect spend categories, which includes professional consulting, office products, furniture/fixtures, vehicle fleet services, commercial print, MRO, contingent labor, travel, and several others.
- Assist Project Executives for purchases associated with larger, capital projects.
- Deliver measurable, quantifiable cost and/or process efficiencies using the university’s established Sourcing Methodology.
- Be a skilled influencer and develop and foster strategic partnerships with internal/external stakeholders and suppliers to understand and align business strategy, market dynamics, supplier capabilities, and spend analytics to develop robust category plans.
- Present key initiatives to the university’s senior leadership through an established governance structure that oversees and provides guidance and sponsorship to the most complex process re-engineering and strategic sourcing activities.
- Directly supervise and develop a staff of two Sourcing Specialists to conduct market research, internal stakeholder needs assessments, and business analyses to identify and execute on cost saving and process efficiency opportunities across the entire university.
- Collaborate with department shared services staff including a dedicated Data Analyst, Contracts Attorney, and Change Management Specialist.
- Manage and collaborate with cross-functional project teams, often led by a Sourcing Specialist, to develop and execute on category plan initiatives that optimize the appropriate balance of cost and quality based on defined business requirements.
- Work closely with the Director to develop an annual category plan and will have ownership for future opportunities and monitoring performance against the plan.
- B.A./B.S. in Business Administration, Finance, Supply Chain Management, Purchasing or a related field (Master’s preferred, but not required).
- At least 5-10 years of experience in procurement, commodity management, sales, or marketing.
- Results-driven work ethic with strong interpersonal, communication and advanced negotiation skills.
- Proven project management skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- The ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities.
- CPSM certification preferred, but not required.
- Experience with SAP SRM, Ariba (or other e-procurement tools), travel management, facilities, commercial print, fleet management and contingent workforce management also preferred.
NOTE: Applicants must submit a cover letter in order to be considered. Please add to resume, or send cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org