Our University client in Boston is looking for a Content Management Specialist/IT Web Producer with very strong experience with WordPress (Gutenberg ) Content Management System (CMS), SEO Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM). This is a contract role for at least 3 months supporting the department’s Director of Communications. Only local candidates considered.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for the accuracy, consistency, and functionality of the college’s website(s) and related digital properties.
- Plan, manage and maintain processes for the regular review, approval, and updating of the website content, and will be the resident expert in and trainer for the CPS’s content management system.
- Drive the digital asset collection, optimization, and in some cases creation.
- Troubleshoot issues related to website data integrity or functionality; utilize Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices in development of new website pages and content
- Utilize analytics tools to produce regular reports of business related metrics and overall website health
- Maintain strict brand standards across all University CPS digital properties;
- Maintain editorial, grammatical, and quality standards on CPS websites under the Web Producer’s control.
- Keep current with emerging web technologies and web content issues; process and pay for ongoing website maintenance projects with outside firms, as needed
- Work closely with key stakeholders, including Academic and Faculty Affairs, curriculum decision-makers, CPS IT team, University IT, Enrollment , Registrar’s Office, Academic Advising, External Affairs marketing team, and others.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of 4-6 years’ experience, preferably in higher education.
- This position requires high-level knowledge of front-end website development concepts, current and emerging technologies and programming.
- The individual in this position must be creative and possess critical thinking, analytical, and organizational and project management skills in a fast-paced, customer and deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including strong editing, grammar, and proofreading skills, and ability to effectively present reports and solutions to colleagues.
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and website analytics. Google Analytics knowledge preferred.
- Content and communications experience a plus. Graphic design, photography, and videography skills, as well as proficiency in design software applications preferred. -Working knowledge of Photoshop and other Adobe Creative Suite programs required.
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston