Our Government Agency client in Boston is looking for Contracts and Procurement Support with strong attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills to support a busy Contracts and Procurements team’s operational needs. This is a contract position with the potential to go permanent. Immediate availability to interview is needed.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assist the department supervisor and manager to meet agency procurement and service needs
- Ensures the contract process is in compliance with prescribed agency and federal policies, procedures and requirements
- Prepares and reviews bid proposals; negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with vendors, other personnel and staff to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Additional administrative duties as assigned
- Contracts & Procurement experience
- Strong understanding of MS Office programs
- Critical thinking and reasoning skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customer service mentality
- Able to complete work in a deadline-driven environment
- Prior experience working with state agencies preferred, but not required
- BA/BS in any field
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston.