Our University client in Boston is looking for an Events and Administrative Coordinator to manage the academic area by providing administrative and events support for the University and specific programs at the School. The Coordinator will be reporting to the Director, the Event and Administrative Coordinator and is responsible for supporting the planning and coordination of high-profile Center events and providing administrative support, such as scheduling, travel logistics, financial data entry, and meeting coordination. The ideal candidate will have experience in event coordination and a proven ability to manage multiple projects and events simultaneously.
This is a contract position and will start at 24 – 32 hours a week. It could be hybrid and temp-to-perm. Only local candidates will be considered.
• Support the execution of event plans, including vendor coordination, managing planning team meetings, communicating with stakeholders, and scheduling.
• Support the team in event logistics, including transportation, catering, technology, and security.
• Oversee/ensure the setup and breakdown of event venues in coordination with multiple stakeholders and team members.
• Manage event staff and volunteers and coordinate the completion of tasks and milestones with the planning and leadership teams.
• Track and report event metrics.
• Provide administrative support, travel logistics, and financial data entry to support team functions.
• Apply professional standards and best practices in project management and team coordination to perform duties.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, event planning, hospitality, or related field
• 1-3 years of experience in event coordination and administration
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Strong attention to detail
• Professional and polished demeanor
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Google Suite, Concur, Zoom, project management tools, and other technology to ensure the execution of deliverables
• Openness to feedback and continuous learning