Our University client in Boston is looking for an Executive Assistant to join their team. This is a contract role with the potential to go permanent.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Serves as the Executive Assitant and provides executive level administrative support to the Sr. Vice President, CFO and, and Treasurer; Assoc. VP, Internal Audit & Advisory Services; Assoc. VP, Director of Treasury and Debt Operations; the Comptroller; and other staff members as necessary
- Plans, organizes, and prioritizes workflow to ensure the efficient operation of the office and maintains the conference room calendar and manages all scheduling.
- Filters all inquiries for the Sr. VP/CFO/Treasurer.
- Directs and/or responds as appropriate based on an understanding of University policy and the Senior Vice President’s views and philosophy.
- Prepares all correspondence requiring signatures and facilitates the entire end-to-end process. Manages the calendar of the Sr. VP/CFO/Treasurer and schedules all internal and external meetings.
- Manages the document storage and document removal operations for the office. Many of the documents are considered highly confidential, therefore; security of the documents is an important consideration.
- Organizes historical paper files and determines what should be retained going forward in paper form; devises both paper and electronic “charts of accounts” for Financial Affairs/Treasury for electronic filing to allow more effective access to and sharing of filed documents.
- Provides direct support for Internal Audit & Advisory Services, this includes but is not limited to, scheduling large, multi-departmental meetings, which often require meals to be provided and scheduling their student workers and approving their hours.
- Coordinates the purchasing and payment of goods and services for all the Financial Affairs Departments, to include setting up Purchase Orders and Shopping Carts. Petty cash custodian and Purchasing Cardholder for one of two accounts for the Senior Vice President of Financial Affairs.
- Serves as an Official Notary and assists with special projects and other administrative duties as needed, to include coordinating all travel arrangements and processing subsequent travel reimbursement requests for all guests.
- BA is required
- Prior experience supporting management in mid-size to large organizations preferred.
- Has strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software.
- Above average “professional writing” skills
- Knowledge of college and university policies a plus
- Must be a self-starter and ability to work independently
- Well- organized and responsible for prompt and good communication skills.
- Higher Education
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston