About the job
Our Client based is looking for a self-motivated and talented Principal Electric Engineer with experience architecting, developing, and maintaining the range of complex electrical and electronic systems comprising a novel metal additive manufacturing machine. This includes, but is not limited to, controls design, power design, servo system design, and potentially some PCB design. This is a Direct Hire on-site full-time position.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Analyze, design, implement, and troubleshoot electrical designs for complex systems including high-speed electro-mechanical, electro-optics, vision, and pulsed laser systems.
- Lead electrical/electronic aspect of multidisciplinary system architecture and design.
- Create architecture diagrams and develop schematics for complex systems.
- Identify external vendors and specify components & subsystems with customization as needed.
- Implement and troubleshoot communications across multiple protocols and vendors.
- Design and troubleshoot high-speed signals and triggering.
- Design and specify motion (servo) and sensing control equipment.
Additional Experience and Skills:
- Experience developing complex industrial equipment with diverse technologies (lasers, motion, high power, high-speed controls, analog acquisition, etc).
- Experience with frequently used control components, such as I/O modules, (safety) relays, power supplies, breakers, other DIN rail components, etc.
- Proven understanding of electrical/controls redundant, fail-safe design practices.
- Signals and systems experience: filter design, frequency & time domain analysis.
Safety compliances, preferably CE & UL.
- Understanding of SIL designs as they pertain to Electrical systems
Required Education and additional Qualifications:
Required: B.S. degree in Electrical, Robotics Engineering, or related fields;
Desired: M.S. degree in Electrical, Robotics Engineering, or related fields;
- 5+ yrs. with masters, or 7+ years since bachelors with experience in a related field
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written as well as proven effective
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical or similar CAD systems.
- Strong background in Mechatronics, specifically servo motors and feedback control
- Spice or similar circuit simulation experience.
- Experience with DC and Pulsed DC power, piezo drives, and RF sources.
- Familiarity with ACS, Delta Tau, Beckhoff (Safety) PLC & EtherCAT I/O.
- Experience / familiarity with PC-based / rack-mount control systems.
- Experience in additive Manufacturing / 3D Printing.
Travel – will encompass 15% of the time.