Our local University client is looking for a Faculty Administrative Assistant to join one of their busy and growing departments. This is a temp to perm role.
- Support faculty and staff of department in all ways necessary.
- Serve as first point of contact for visitors, other staff/faculty, and students both in person and via phone; manage multiple busy phone lines and direct visitors as needed.
- Maintain and restock/order office supplies.
- Process incoming/outgoing mail.
- Create and maintain reports in Word and Excel.
- Assist with marketing and social media campaigns.
- Work directly with faculty to assist with class-related materials, including creating presentations via PowerPoint, researching and ordering specific teaching materials, and handling copyright permissions.
- Maintain department’s candidate database meticulously and assist with onboarding new staff/faculty.
- Plan and coordinate department events, including booking rooms/catering, corresponding with speakers, and reserving equipment.
- Coordinate travel plans and logistics for faculty.
- Filing, sorting, faxing, and other administrative tasks as assigned.
- BA/BS in any field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- A strong interest in Higher Education.
- 1-2 years of prior office experience.
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA