The Faculty Data Services Coordinator will primarily provide administrative support to the Director of Faculty Academic Services & Operations in the Office of the Dean. The Faculty Data Services Coordinator is responsible for collaborating with the Director, internal and external Departments (e.g., Human Resources, the International Students & Scholars Office the Medical Campus and Charles River Campus Provost’s Offices and General Counsel) for overseeing faculty employment matters at the Dental School. Major activities include: processing faculty appointments and promotions, drafting faculty offer letters and amended employment letters, processing faculty rank and educational transactions in SAP, preparing and submitting immigration/licensure paperwork and monitoring immigration issues, assisting with the faculty annual review process, faculty academic credentialing and onboarding and faculty payroll services.
- Process all SAP transactional items such: as the creation and maintenance of faculty positions in SAP Org Management
- Process faculty HR transactions including leaves of absence, maintain changes in employment effort and salary changes for ~230 faculty in SAP payroll
- Process faculty hires and terminations, update salary cost distribution changes, provide faculty reporting
- Update position information on budget flat file and also oversee immigration, credentialing and Occupational Health surveillance.
- Serve as primary vacation and sick tracking administrator for GSDM faculty members: Manage and oversee the collection, recording, tracking and processing of vacation entry and adjustments to Time Matters sick/vacation accrual database for faculty on a monthly basis.
- Update faculty licensure and credentialing information into the GSDM online portal ensuring compliance with CPR and dental licensure.
- Update faculty changes in internal telephone directory.
APPOINTMENTS & PROMOTIONS:
- Responsible to review and process all appointment and promotion packets from departments
- Draft Dean’s Cover memos from ASCP and PROF appointments
- Disseminate approved packets to the Appointments & Promotions (A&P) and Executive Committee members
- Serve as an ex officio member of A&P and coordinate and manage all committee meetings in conjunction with Committee Chair and provide Committee administrative support including taking minutes; update all faculty titles in SAP, Directory, and Website
- Issue final appointment and promotion letters, process merit increases for faculty promotions
- Update faculty education and rank records in SAP.
- Assist the Director of Faculty Academic Services & Operations with the drafting, editing, and distribution of faculty letters of offer
- Amend employment letters and Postdoctoral & Visiting Researcher letters of offer and contract renewals.
- Process all onboarding paperwork received from departmental hiring managers to ensure compliance with Human Resources requirements.
- Write offer letters and appointment renewals for Postdoctoral Associates and Visiting Researchers.
- Work with departments to onboard these positions in SAP including providing related administrative support relative to immigration needs of Occupational Health compliance.
FMLA/Leaves of Absence:
- Provide guidance to faculty members and departments regarding the different types of approved leaves available to full-time and part-time faculty, and the approval and filing process for all leaves of absences.
- Collaborate with Assistant Director for Staff Administration & Operations who oversees the FMLA process for all GSDM employees to track all leaves ensuring proper compensation is provided throughout the leave, vacation/sick time, and/or temporary disability.
- Confirm that all leaves have been designated appropriately in SAP and organized on the drive.
Participate in Faculty and Operations projects as needed such as:
- CODA/ADEA Surveys, Faculty Reporting; Affirmative Action analysis, Merit Increases
- Administrative support for the Faculty Development Committee, set-up schedule for Appointment & Promotions Committee meetings
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Must have at least 3-5 years in an administrative support role supporting multiple people with a variety of responsibilities.
- High level of attention to detail with correspondence and project specific work
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize
- Must be able to critically think and problem solve and present ideas and or solutions for issue resolution.
- Must be comfortable interacting with Dean’s, Department Chairs, Directors and Faculty and other high level University offices on a daily basis
- Must be able to work in a system driven environment with intermediate level experience in the following: Microsoft Office Applications – Excel, Word, Power point, Outloo