Our University client in Boston is looking for a Grants Administrator who is a fast learner with a willingness to pitch in administratively as needed to manage post award grants budgets for a busy college department. The position will be remote to start, with the expectation of working on site sometime in spring 2021. This is a contract role with the potential to become permanent. Once permanent, the annual salary will be between $70k-$80k.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintaining Excel-based financial forecasting system to track salary distributions for faculty and staff, as well as critical funding information
- Responsible for post-award administration of federal and non-federal grants and contracts from time of award set-up through award cycle and close of the project
- Administer the entire post-award financial process, including monitoring the budget, reconciling the budget and forecasting for the life of the grant to ensure budgets are not over or under expended, and processing any necessary financial adjustments.
- Track and document all cost-share related to externally funded projects; coordinate department meetings
- Supervise temporary and full-time support staff; reconcile payroll for all grant personnel.
- Process payments from service contracts and allocate to correct funding sources.
- Ensure that faculty receive updated information on agency/university regulations.
- Collaborate with multiple administrative teams, and facilitate communication networks between staff researchers and collaborators.
- Additional administrative tasks as assigned
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), with especially high level of Excel proficiency
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Strong ability to prioritize
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Experience managing federal grants post-award required
- B.A./B.S. in any field
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston