Our University client is looking for a Federal Proposal Support/ Administrator to their team for a temp to perm position.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for department pre/post-award grant and contract administration, which includes overseeing the entire lifecycle of a grant or contract- from the initial discussion of the application, so submission of the final report (science + financial) and account closeout. This includes application preparations, progress reports/ continuations, financial transactions related to research (journal and payroll adjustments), monthly financial reporting and closeout (financial reporting to sponsor and closing account with University), and other task requested by the sponsored and/or school and department. This also includes meeting all internal and sponsor deadlines with accurate reports.
- Generate monthly grant and financial reports and reconcile payroll activities and financial accounts with university financial systems; resolve issues with Post Award Finance Office to ensure account compliance for all department accounts (research and discretionary).
- Provide faculty, department director and department chair with detailed reports monthly on external funding activities.
- Responsible for the Department’s payroll activities and corresponding payroll reports. Prepare monthly payroll distribution changes; reconcile salary expenses monthly.
- Prepare and submit invoices to primary institutions and subaward agreements. Process invoices for awarded subawards.
- Keep current wth SPH guidelines and procedures and OSP requirements and procedures. Actively attend and participate in university SPH Sponsored Projects Operations Committee meetings.
- B.A. in relevant field.
- Knowledge of federal regulations for sponsored research.
- Superior skills in Excel and other applications in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong analytical ability as well as excellent written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of staff.
- Must be able to handle multiple competing priorities. Self-directed, team oriented and customer focused.
- Must be able to handle confidential information.
- Expert knowledge in SAP financial systems and university financial applications.