Our Government Agency client in Wellesley is looking for a Financial Aid Counselor to assist in the planning, organization, and administration of federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs for college students. This is a contract role.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Counsel prospective and current students and their families on all aspects of the aid process.
- Collect, review and evaluate student financial aid applications and financial aid forms and documentation.
- Review financial aid files, perform needs analysis, verification, make corrections when necessary, and determine eligibility for Federal and State financial aid funds
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures; oversee and/or complete special projects
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge in all aspects of financial aid including changes to federal and state regulations, participating in annual trainings, professional organizations, and conferences
- Responsible for area(s) of specialization for an internal or external program such as work-study, loans, Pell grants, state aid, R2T4, Satisfactory Academic Progress, or institutional scholarships etc.
- Participate in events requiring a Financial Aid presence such as Open Houses, Orientations, Financial Aid Workshops, etc., which will occasionally require weekend and/or evening work
- Additional duties as assigned
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in a Financial Aid office
- Must have knowledge of the FAFSA verification process
- Strong understanding of MS Office programs, especially Excel
- Ability to establish rapport with a diverse student population
- Possess analytical, and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Experience with community college population desirable
- Strong knowledge of federal and state aid regulations and policies preferred
- BA/BS in any field
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston