Our University client in Boston is looking for a Financial Analyst with excellent interpersonal and analytical skills, a team-focused mentality, and the ability to absorb complex technical information and communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences. This is an on-site, contract role. Must exhibit discretion and professionalism in handling confidential information. Immediate availability to interview and start is needed.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develops and maintains department operating budgets to ensure alignment with the college operations and strategic initiatives for the fiscal year
- Establishes financial records and files and ensures that they are maintained and updated on an ongoing basis
- Provides hands-on training and support to administrative coordinators on issues related to finance, travel, invoices, and purchase cards, and ARIBA.
- Reviews and approves all expenditures/financial transactions when departmental approvers are not available.
- Authorizes and monitors administrative access rights to university computer systems.
- Works both independently and collaboratively with administrative and academic units to evaluate budget and expense plans and research financial discrepancies
- Performs variance analysis on all department’s expenses, including personnel and operations-related activity.
- Assists in long-range budget and expense projections supporting the executive team’s vision and goals.
- Creates, analyzes, and maintains financial spreadsheets for administrative and academic units
- Additional duties as needed
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and SAP
- Experience with SAP & Ariba preferred
- Experience working in a university setting in a finance capacity preferred
- Strong financial modeling experience
- Aptitude in organizing operational activities and resolving personnel conflicts
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and analytic abilities, especially with quantitative and programmatic information
- Ability to view programs critically and think creatively about alternatives for providing services
- BA/BS in any field
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston