Our University client in Boston is looking for Financial Analyst (Debt/Treasury/Risk) to join and quickly contribute to an exciting team working closely with internal customers from Budget, Business Affairs, Student Accounts, and Research Accounting, and collaborating with other external banking partners. This is a potential Temp-to-Perm opportunity.
- This Analyst is a key member of the Debt, Treasury, and Risk Management team at Boston University, and works closely with internal customers from Budget, Business Affairs, Student Accounts, and Research Accounting, and collaborates with other external banking partners.
- Daily management of areas relating to banking and investment activities, which includes reviewing the status of the University’s bank and investment accounts, moving cash for domestic and international payments, executing University debt service payments, documenting processes, and maintaining payment workflow and record storage system.
- Maintains required records including those that bank and daily cash activity and the transfer of electronic funds (wires/EFT), book transactions in the general ledger and implements and maintains system automation of critical Treasury processes.
- Provides analytical support for the unit’s Debt and Treasury activities, including regulatory and bank/bond covenant compliance, ad hoc projects, and the preparation of Senior-level management reports.
- Works collaboratively with university and banking partners, to define and apply best practices of banking and cash management using relevant technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Finance, Treasury and Cash Management experience
- Advanced skills utilizing Excel, including complex formulas in order to acquire, organize, and analyze data. Experience in other data management and reporting tools is a plus.
- Experienced in analyzing data to determine relevant conclusions and suggest appropriate actions to management.
- Proven track record to multi-task and prioritize routine tasks and ad-hoc requests in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated intermediate oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, demonstrating accuracy and quality of work output.
- Ability to work optimally and collaboratively in a small, collegial team environment.
- Self-motivated, proactive, intellectually curious.
- Preferred Skills: Public accounting or experience within a higher education institution
- Preferred Skills: Experience with ERP/SAP
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston