Our Office (Medical) client in Boston is looking for a Front Desk Coordinator with strong interpersonal and organizational skills as well as excellent customer service abilities to support the administrative functions of a medical office. This is a contract role with the potential for extension. Must exhibit discretion and professionalism in handling confidential information. Immediate availability to interview and to begin role is needed.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Present a warm, welcoming experience for patients, whether in person or on the telephone, to create a positive impression
- Answer queries from existing patients and prospective patients, referring them to contact points at which they can obtain further information
- Maintain the patient flow during clinic hours and ensure patient privacy maintained
- Collect co-payment and/or cosmetic money
- Schedule patient appointments and testing; ensure that patients are properly checked in
- Filing, data-entry, maintaining both physical and virtual records in an organized manner
- Placing, routing, and receiving calls within a busy office
- Must be aware of signs of a medical emergency and must respond appropriately.
- Additional administrative duties as assigned
- Comfortable familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word and Excel)
- Able to communicate well, verbally, through email, and over the phone
- A friendly demeanor with great customer service skills
- Able to learn new tasks and skills quickly
- Must have knowledge of medical terms, or be able to learn medical terminology as related to office practices
- B.A./B.S. (any field)
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston.