Our Nonprofit client in Boston is looking for a Gift Processor with excellent time management and organizational skills, a customer service mentality, and strong multi-tasking abilities to provide administrative and data entry support regarding donations. This is a contract role. The position is hybrid remote and in person, with one day a week in-office in Downtown Boston required. Must exhibit discretion and professionalism in handling confidential information. Immediate availability to interview and start is needed.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage all gift processing and data entry (Salesforce) from a wide variety of contribution sources
- Enter gifts both manually and using bulk entry processes that require data cleaning; lead database maintenance, auditing, and consolidation with finance.
- Interface with finance on payments, receipt notices, and regular revenue reports.
- Provide recurring reports, on status of gift entry, volume of gifts, giving trends, etc.
- Manage all receipt and acknowledgement processes; alert internal stakeholders of incoming gifts based on predetermined criteria
- Adjust acknowledgements appropriately for gift type with consideration for in honor/memorial gifts, special tax circumstances, etc.
- Ensure all Salesforce entries reflect acknowledgement completion date.
- Lead on special mass mailings such as annual statement for tax purposes.
- Review daily donor comments on website gifts for special requests; monitor failed payment alerts and respond to donors accordingly to request updated information.
- Monitor inbox and provide timely response to donor inquiries.
- Additional duties as needed.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Ability to communicate well, verbally, through email, and over the phone with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent proficiency with online document sharing and calendaring
- Ability to learn new tasks, skills, and software applications quickly
- Familiarity with nonprofit fundraising processes and procedures
- Experience with Salesforce nonprofit software (entry, reporting, data management)
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree and/or 1-2 years relevant work/life experience preferred
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston.