Our University Client is looking for a Grants Administrator to support proposal preparation and submission, as well as post-award financial management. This is a contract role with the potential to go perm.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for advising and assisting a portfolio of assigned faculty with the development and submission of proposals for sponsored research
- Manage post-award financial accounts
- Representing faculty in communication with university administrative offices and federal and private funding agencies for sponsored research.
- Advise and assist faculty with the development, preparation, and submission of grant proposals. This includes budget development, preparation of all internal BU paperwork, and serving as an interface between the faculty member/Principal Investigator and the Office of Sponsored Programs. Primarily responsible for the non-scientific administrative content (ensuring all content is complete, up to date and compliant with sponsor guidelines). Responsible for assembling the entire proposal package in accordance with agency guidelines for a handoff to Sponsored Programs for the final review and submission.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all outgoing subaward proposals.
- Interact with university offices on the behalf of principal investigators to provide clarification or amplifying information and to facilitate interpretations of guidelines.
- Collaborate with Principal Investigators, assist in the preparation and submission of progress reports and final reports to sponsors.
- Ensure that the award’s budget and other data elements in SAP accurately reflect the terms of the award.
- Review project expenditures, including fringe benefit, facilities and administration, on a regular and timely basis, usually at least once a month.
- Ensure that the project operates in accordance with its budget.
- Assist with the preparation of financial reports or invoices when required on awards that require confirmation of completion of deliverables prior to submission or supplemental information that must accompany any financial report or invoice submitted to sponsor.
- Ensure that the project records are kept in good order and are readily available for review and audit.
- Provide information for assigned faculty to Department Directors and Chairs for input into university, college or department reports.
- Provide backup coverage to other Grants/Finance Administrators for vacation coverage or assistance during high volume times.
- Working knowledge of OMB Circulars, NIH and NSF funding guidelines
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with SAP is a plus.
- Prior relevant work experience required.
- Comfortable familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word and Excel)
- B.A./B.S. (preferably in a related field)
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., the best temp agencies in Boston MA