University (Engineering) client in Boston is looking for a Grants Manager who will be an integral senior member of a team responsible for advising and assisting a portfolio of assigned faculty with the development and submission of proposals for sponsored research. This is a direct-hire role with a starting salary expected to be $75 – $80 K depending on experience. This role can be Hybrid with up to 3 days Remote and 2 on-site.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Advising and assisting a portfolio of assigned faculty with the development and submission of proposals for sponsored research
- Management of financial accounts
- Representing the assigned faculty in communication with university administrative offices and federal and private funding agencies for sponsored research.
- Work with a portfolio of increased complexity due to the sponsor mix, type of award, number of external collaborations, and/or the level of daily contact with the Principal Investigators.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- BA/BS and 5-8 years of progressively responsible experience within the field of research administration/sponsored programs administration.
- Experience with and knowledge of major federal/non-federal sponsors, including the DOD, and typical administrative terms and conditions.
- Experience with electronic grants administration systems such as grants.gov, eRA commons, Fastlane/research.gov, and similar systems.
- Must be self-directed, possess good judgment and problem-solving skills, and be comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated customer service and continuous improvement experience.
- An interest and ability to mentor junior colleagues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptability, comfort, and utilization of information systems. Strong Microsoft Office skills.
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston.