Our University (Medical) client in Boston is looking for a Grants Manager who is a fast learner with a willingness to pitch in administratively as needed to manage post award grants budgets for a busy college department. This is a contract role with the potential to become permanent.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide grant administrative oversight with an expertise in Training Grant Management and Post-Award Financial support in all areas associated with managing a large scale, multi-faceted research entity; coordinate department meetings.
- Administer the entire post-award financial process, including monitoring the budget, reconciling the budget and forecasting for the life of the grant to ensure budgets are not over or under expended, and processing any necessary financial adjustments.
- Track and document all cost-share related to externally funded projects.
- Supervise temporary and full-time support staff; reconcile payroll for all grant personnel.
- Process payments from service contracts and allocate to correct funding sources.
- Ensure that faculty receive updated information on agency/university regulations.
- Collaborate with multiple administrative teams, and facilitate communication networks between staff researchers and collaborators.
- Additional administrative tasks as assigned
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong proficiency with SAP Concur and eRA Commons
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing federal grants
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-8 years experience
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston