Our University client in Boston is looking for an HR Generalist with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to provide Human Resources support. This is a contract role.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Consults with Manager on more complex HR issues/projects.
- Oversee, refine, and execute employee standards and procedures
- Using and improving existing HR procedures and recommended systems and processes
- Coordinate the activities of support and/or specialist groups as necessary
- Develop internal standard operating procedures for employee programs, including leave of absence, work from home policies and other personnel issues as needed
- Prepare employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs in addition to onboarding and exit interviews
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable university-wide and HR federal and state requirements
- Identify and recommend areas of improvement
- Additional administrative duties as needed
- Proficient in Excel
- Strong communication skills in person, over phone, and via email
- Proficient in problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently.
- Experience in program/policy development
- 3-5 years experience in Human Resources
- BA/BS in any field
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston