Our Hospital client in Cambridge is looking for a Medical Secretary with excellent organizational abilities and strong interpersonal skills to provide administrative support to a busy medical department. This is a contract role. Must exhibit discretion and professionalism in handling confidential information.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Represents physicians by screening incoming telephone calls; scheduling, receiving, and announcing scheduled patients and visitors; scheduling appointments for consultations, etc.
- Ensures physician productivity by maintaining calendars; scheduling patient appointments; physician consultations; professional meetings, conferences; teleconferences, and travel.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Bills patients and third-party payers; controls accounts receivables; maintains office files and patient records.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders.
- Additional administrative duties as assigned
- Strong communication skills in person, over phone, and via email
- Solid understanding of MS Office programs
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Discretion and professionalism in handling sensitive and confidential information
- BA/BS in any field preferred, but not required
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA