Our Non-Profit client in Cambridge is looking for a proactive Office Administrator with a strong work ethic, alongside excellent technical and interpersonal skills to support the administrative functions of a mission-driven non-profit. This is a contract role with the potential for extension. Must exhibit discretion and professionalism in handling confidential information. Immediate availability to interview and to begin role is needed.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Engage in data management by inputting, organizing, managing, and reporting on large amounts of data that are critical to key stakeholders
- Organize and manage work to ensure that all deadlines for reports and other required documents are met without last-minute urgency; maintain careful notes and schedules
- Maintaining all vendor relationships to ensure timely and effective interactions that allow for smooth and uninterrupted office operations.
- Maintain an orderly, professional environment while serving as an approachable point of contact
- Manage incoming phone calls, visitors, and general email inquiries to the website.
- Engage in respectful, proactive, and helpful interaction with a wide variety of audiences, including internal and external stakeholders
- Engage in proactive outreach to staff in all non-profit locations to identify problems or potential problems in matters such as technical challenges, supply needs, data collection, and impending report deadlines, among others.
- Independently research, identify, and implement appropriate solutions in collaboration with affected stakeholders, seeking direction and help where needed.
- Additional administrative duties as assigned
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and Access, is an essential requirement, as is proficiency in G Suite
- A high comfort level with technology; ability to problem-solve technical issues and to research technical solutions
- Significant experience working in a highly professional office setting requiring daily interaction with diverse and important audiences
- Ability to organize and present large amounts of data in an accurate, responsive, organized and error-free manner
- Flexibility, a healthy sense of humor, and a positive, calm, and approachable demeanor
- Respect and responsiveness to staff and others
- B.A./B.S. (any field)
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston