Our University (Engineering) client in Boston is looking for an Office Administrator with excellent time management and organizational skills, customer service mentality, and strong multi-tasking abilities to provide administrative support to a busy team. This is an on-site, contract role with the possibility of extension. Must exhibit discretion and professionalism in handling confidential information. Immediate availability to interview and start is needed.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide full reception, secretarial and administrative support as required for the effective and efficient operation of the department
- Complete general office & research faculty supply orders while maintaining and filing all corresponding documentation
- Greet students, faculty, and department guests in addition to triaging questions/concerns
- Schedule and assist in planning and coordinating departmental meetings and events, including catering orders and applicable facilities set-up.
- Coordinate department print job requests and maintain copy/print areas in the department facilities (e.g. restock paper, clean general area); provide support with faculty travel reimbursements
- Assist academic program coordinators with data entry, research of student records, registration, and events.
- Book room reservations for graduate (PhD/MS) thesis exams
- Receive and document department packages and contact recipients of their package arrival; troubleshoot missing packages and alert recipient of the issue.
- Oversee/train student workers on administrative tasks
- Additional duties as assigned
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Office, Excel, and Power Point)
- Must have excellent multi-tasking skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills in person, over phone, and via email
- Excellent interpersonal skills and critical thinking
- Familiar with all printer functions: copying, scanning, faxing
- Demonstrates a systematic and thorough approach to work
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively with a diverse team
- BA/BS in any field
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston.