Our University client in Boston is looking for an Office Administrator with excellent customer service and organizational skills to provide administrative support to a busy Engineering department. This is a contract role.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide full reception, secretarial and administrative support as required for the effective and efficient operation of the engineering department
- Process facility access applications and manage department calendar
- Receive and route telephone calls; respond to emails sent to department email account
- Serve as an approachable first point of contact by receiving and directing visitors.
- Perform routine administrative duties such as placing, typing, filing, faxing, and handling incoming and outgoing mail.
- Ordering and maintaining supplies for department
- Additional administrative duties as needed
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong communication skills in person, over phone, and via email with all teams including researchers
- Must have excellent multi-tasking skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- High level of customer service skills
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated systematic and thorough approach to work
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- BA/BS in any field
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston