Our University client in Boston is looking for a professional, detail-oriented Legal Assistant to provide comprehensive administrative, clerical, special project, and occasional paralegal support in connection with legal matters for up to four attorneys in the Office of the General Counsel. This is an on-site contract role with the possibility of converting to a permanent position. Only local candidates will be considered.
Job duties include (but are not limited to):
- Being responsible for a wide range of support for litigation and transactional practices including preparing, maintaining, and filing correspondence, pleadings, discovery materials and claims reports.
- Managing attorney calendars; and administration of electronic and paper legal files.
- Communicating regularly with local and federal courts, clients, vendors, and outside counsel.
- Providing auxiliary support in other areas of the Office, including handling incoming calls and visitors, as needed.
The Legal Assistant will work in a medium-complex environment.
- BA/BS degree and/or ABA paralegal certificate.
- 1 to 3 years of work experience, preferably in a legal environment with litigation experience.
- Have a strong work ethic, the ability to learn new skills, and excellent judgment.
- Possess a strong attention to detail, exceptional communication skills (both oral and written), and be able to multitask while managing competing deadlines.
- Time management and organizational skills are a must as is the ability to take initiative and follow up on open tasks in a timely manner.
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and have the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Know basic office procedures (e.g., formatting of business letters, etc.). Experience with federal and state court electronic filing processes is a plus.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (35 hours/week).