Do you have superior interpersonal and technical skills? If so, our Boston-based Property Management company is looking for an energetic contract Property Accountant to execute accounting duties for a portfolio of condo and apartment communities. This is a hybrid model with attendance at least 2 days/week in the office. Only local candidates will be considered.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for executing the accounting function for a portfolio of multifamily complexes with monthly reporting deadlines.
- Complete bank reconciliations, assist in writing variance analysis, security deposit management, and assist in various client requests.
- Engage and review work from the outsourced accounting team.
- Collaborate with the property management team in reviewing tenant ledgers and assist in correcting tenant activity.
- Compile monthly financial packages for clients.
- Be a resource for various needs of assistance with our ERP system, AppFolio for internal staff.
Job Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 2 years of multifamily real estate accounting experience
- Ability to collaborate at a high level with internal staff and external providers
- Ability to overcome obstacles to deliver high quality work product
- General ledger maintenance and ability to cross reference reports to the general ledger Ability to productively engage property management staff and assist in their needs
- Ability to communicate quickly and effectively daily using various remote office tools such as Slack, Microsoft Teams, or Zoom.
- Working knowledge of AppFolio, Yardi, or Buildium
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston