Our client, a local College, is looking for the right candidate to fill the contract position of a Senior Federal Proposal Support/Administrator. This role is guided by a project management system that promotes the efficient pre- and post- award processing of the college’s grant proposals.
The Sr. Grant Administrator will:
- Provide direct support for proposal development, preparation and submission of proposals to Sponsored Programs as well as post award financial account management for an assigned portfolio of faculty.
- Be responsible for facilitation of proposal preparation and timely submission, the development and ongoing administration of project budgets in accordance with established guidelines and budget parameters, and the flow of communication to internal and external parties.
- Support grant activity where the focus will be to assist faculty in securing and managing sponsored funding for new and existing research.
- Ensure that emphasis will be more on post-award responsibilities.
- BA/BS and 5-8 years of progressively responsible experience within the field of research administration/sponsored programs administration.
- Experience with and knowledge of major federal/non-federal sponsors; federal circulars and typical administrative terms and conditions.
- Experience with electronic grants administration systems such as grants.gov, eRA commons, Fastlane and similar systems.
- Must be self-directed, possess good judgement and problem solving skills and be comfortable in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated customer service and continuous improvement experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptability, comfort and utilization of information systems. Strong Microsoft Office skills.
*This contract position can be completely remote.