Our University client in Boston is looking for an Operations Assistant (Admissions) to provide administrative assistance to the Admissions team and leadership. This is a contract role and potential temp-to-perm. This role is on-site and requires the ability to interview and start in the near future. This role has general office hours but please note that evening and weekend hours are required as needed. Only local candidates considered.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide administrative assistance to the Admissions team and leadership.
- Responsible for processing applications from creation to completion.
- Work with applicants, and track and maintain contact with them through the entire admission cycle from the start to enrollment.
- This individual follows up with applicants for all programs as needed to complete files
- Responds to applicants’ inquiries concerning their status and maintains accurate and up-to-date application data in the database.
- Evaluate academic transcripts to determine if they meet admission criteria, download test scores, academic transcripts, and other documents as needed, and upload them into the correct applications.
- Extract data from the database and run reports to monitor applicants’ status, create Word documents using mail merge fields to produce and send personalized admission letters and other documents.
- Assists in transitioning confirmed/newly enrolled students to the Student Services team, including reviewing and processing I20 applications for international students.
- Interviews, hires, trains, and manages work-study students and delegates projects to the graduate assistants.
- Process admitted student responses (confirmations and declines) and send a daily report to the distribution list, extracts and downloads data from the database to prepare and generate mailings to admitted candidates.
- Send interview invitations to applicants and records data in the application database.
- Conduct outreach to prospective candidates to initiate and complete applications, planning and leading regular application advising and counseling sessions via phone and Skype with prospective candidates and applicants.
- Attend recruiting and yield events and participate in online chats, representing the school to prospective students and applicants.
- Respond to general inquiries via email.
- Plan and execute arrangements for on-campus and off-campus recruiting and yield events and trips (including assembling and mailing packets for graduate fairs and forums, corporate recruiting events, and more)
- Complete other projects including providing backup support as needed to the Operations Coordinator/Recruiting, the Admissions Operations Analyst (extracting data), and front reception desk (handling inquiries such as greeting visitors, taking phone calls, and answering or appropriately referring questions).
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 2-3 years relevant work experience in an office setting preferred
- Office or administrative work experience, preferably in higher education
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to work with the public are essential
- Strong written and oral communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work well with many constituencies: students, faculty, program managers, and administrators at all levels
- Must be detail-oriented, professional, able to perform a variety of tasks in a busy environment
- Ability to work with confidential information and prioritize tasks and demands.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to meet deadlines; exercise good judgment and problem-solving skills; think and work independently; take proactive initiative and action.
- Must have experience with intermediate/advanced Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
- Familiarity with web-based applications and software systems such as Salesforce, ApplyYourself, and BusinessCAS and experience with extracting data are plusses.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed is required.
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston