Our business client is looking for a Payroll/Administrative Assistant for a Direct Hire role. The business is located south of Boston and the candidates must have experience with Quick Books and prevailing wages.
Responsibilities include (But are not limited to):
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Assist with administrative office tasks
- Enter prevailing wage rates for workers and assist with reporting these wages on Certified Payroll reports.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Prior Bookkeeping experience is required
- BA in a related field is preferred.
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA