Our Government Agency client in Boston is looking for Payroll manager for a well-paid long-term contract role. The candidate will be responsible for both the payroll and managing personnel. Interviews are slated for next week and the candidate will start as soon as possible.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintains payroll information by directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Manages payroll support staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Responsible for using computerized record keeping systems
- Ensure information keyed in the system includes all necessary data elements and is accurate and complete
- Review and verify data entry and correct data where necessary
- Perform related duties and projects as assigned.
- 1 to 3 years of experience using time entry or payroll systems
- The ability to read and type information quickly and accurately
- Effective organizational, multitasking and time management skills.
- The ability to use payroll systems.
- Bachelors Degree